Friday, November 27, 2009

Welcome to 365 Loving Things

In a world where relationships seem to be as fluid as water how can we truly create love that endures?  Maybe a good place to start is in appreciating the love that is already right in front of us.

365LovingThings is a simple, personal online journey of recognizing the loving things my wife does for me each day.

As the love of my life for over 33 years, Jana constantly communicates her love for me in open, spontaneous declarations, in quiet, simple actions and in private, subtle expressions.  My greatest fear in life is that I may miss one of those quiet but precious expressions and thereby miss out on the sweetest joy of life.

Love is not an emotion.  It's a decision.  And once made must be affirmed each and every day as one of the most important things we have to do that day.

On those days when we just don't feel loving, perhaps we can grasp hold of the faith and hope we have for love and do loving things – for our spouse, our child, our parent, our friend.  As we do, we will find that the "feelings" of love will follow.

I dedicate this 365 day journey to purposefully increase the depth of my love and appreciation for my wife, my true friend, by noticing the small, the intimate, the constant ways she shows her love to me.  It is a way of counting my blessings for the inspired decision I made, ignorantly yet wisely, over a third of a decade ago and for my continual recommitment to develop, to express and to feel unconditional love for her.

You are invited to peek in on my personal journey in the hopes that you, too, will rediscover the loving things that are expressed but are too often overlooked each day, knowing that we truly can't notice and appreciate the love given to us without it increasing our desire to give it back.

I would then ask that you take a moment to share and comment on the expressions, small or grand, that you have received and experienced.

And just maybe, we can start making a difference.

Kevin

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic Kevin. This blog. It's great.

    I wanted you to know that I am a blog guru of sorts, and I can help you make your blog even more personal, efficient, or fix common problems you might have IF you ever need or want to!

    Please don't hesitate to ask me if you would like more information!

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment to comment on the loving expressions, small or grand, that you have received.