Friday, June 4, 2010

"I Have So Much to Talk About"

Jana always seems to come home from work happy.  This is especially true on Friday.

I had sent her an email at work at 3:50pm, just ten minutes before she was to get off work.
Would you like to go to a movie with me at 7:00 tonight?

Mystery Date
When she walked in the door she declared,
YES!  I'd love to go out!
When we climbed into the van to head out for a cheap dinner before the movie she effused,
I have so much to talk about.  I can hardly wait!
We got to Chicago Connection and ordered our salad bar dinners and she almost exploded,
Can I tell you about my day?
She had a great day at work and was able to get resolutions on several large hospital insurance accounts that she has been dogging down for two and three months. This was a major victory and she was excited and proud about it, and rightfully so.

She then brought along some papers and announced,
These are the finalists in my hunt for an Oregon Coast rental house for our anniversary in October.  Read them and tell me what you think.
I read through them and commented on them as I did.  We then discussed the pros and cons and narrowed the choice down to two properties in Otter Bay, north of Newport.  She then jumped in,
Can I go ahead and make a decision?  
Jana loves to have something to look forward to.  I found last weekend as we listened to a set of tapes called "Light His Fire" that women in general always need something to look forward to; it makes the minor inconveniences and trials of daily life more bearable.  I have learned how important it is to her so I try to encourage it.  Besides, it's fun for me too.

One of the things I love about Jana is her optimism, joy and excitement for life ... especially for experiences ... and especially for experiences with me.  It's so fun to hear the excitement in her voice and see her eyes flash.  What a loving thing.  Am I smart or what in choosing Jana?
____________________

IF YOU WOULD, PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO COMMENT ON ONE OF THE LOVING THINGS, SMALL OR GRAND, THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED FROM SOMEONE IMPORTANT TO YOU.

5 comments:

  1. Uh huh, smart choice on both parts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart cookie indeed. And yes, women ALWAYS want something to look forward to. Even if it's a new dress, a manicure or a cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, you made a good choice
    So nice of you to make a date.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS, You definitely have a ten cow wife

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, she's more than a ten cow wife. But our neighbors would complain, so I've given her an IOU for an "E" ticket on the Celestial roller coaster. It promises to be a great ride!

    (OK, how many of you know what an "E" ticket is?)

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment to comment on the loving expressions, small or grand, that you have received.