Wednesday, July 14, 2010

To Be Where You Are

Jana generally gets home from work shortly after 4:00.  Just before 4:00 I had slipped out to run an errand.   When I pulled into the driveway the humpbacked van was securely parked, signaling Jana was home.

I called to her as I walked in the door but soon heard the bathroom fan indicating she was beyond hearing range so I sat back down at the computer in my office and went back to work.

Before long Jana came into the office and said, "Hello" in her after-work-and-I'm-happy-to-start-the-best-part-of-my-day voice.  She then just sat down on the white leather couch that sits in front of my work desk, laid down, shifted slightly and closed her eyes to take a nap.

It was just nice and made me feel warm knowing she just wanted to be in the same room with me.  I was working and not really conversant and she just wanted to take an afterwork nap.  But just being near can be a comfortable loving thing, with Jana curled up on the office couch saying, without speaking a word, "It's nice just to be where you are."
____________________

IF YOU WOULD, PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO COMMENT ON ONE OF THE LOVING THINGS, SMALL OR GRAND, THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED FROM SOMEONE IMPORTANT TO YOU.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, both of you tucked away in your shared ivory tower. Now that's just sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment to comment on the loving expressions, small or grand, that you have received.