Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Cold Burrrritos

After five weeks of constant back/shoulder pain I finally found out what the problem is when I visited a physical therapist this morning -- a pinched nerve in my cervical spine.  Now we can start rehabilitating it.

So, tonight, since I had no meetings scheduled, I lay down on my recliner in the TV room and relaxed my back while watching a movie.  During the day I leave the door to the TV room closed because there's no sense heating an unused room.  That made it a little cooler tonight.

As I lay there Jana was also with me watching and snoozing.  ("I thought exercising was supposed to make you more energetic, not worn out.")  After awhile she sat up then came over to me.
"Are you cold?"
I guess she read my body language with my sweater on and my arms folded.
"Oh, I'm all right."
Without another word she reached over and got my Snuggy (this year's hot-can't-live-without-it Christmas blanket gift item with arms that make you feel like you're wearing a fuzzy hospital gown) that Chanel gave me for my birthday and wrapped me up like a burrito.

I think burritos must be loving things.
____________________

IF YOU WOULD, PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO COMMENT ON ONE OF THE LOVING THINGS, SMALL OR GRAND, THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED FROM SOMEONE IMPORTANT TO YOU. 

2 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that I'm missing your posts. No pressure, just wanted you to know that you are missed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better and getting plenty of rest!! I have really enjoyed reading each day. It is helping me recognize the loving things in my life and teaching me to be a better wife.

    I am nominating you for a beautiful blogger award. See my post for the details:
    http://talesofdomestica.blogspot.com/2010/02/beautiful-blog-award.html

    I can't wait to start reading your posts again!

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment to comment on the loving expressions, small or grand, that you have received.