Friday, February 26, 2010

A Cat Named "Book"

Chanel was over the other evening.  She sometimes pops in of an evening and, of course, wherever she goes a party erupts.

As we sat on the couch just talking and teasing she commented, "I heard of a book the other day called, "A Cat Named 'Book'.  It's about a cat that was kind of a library cat, in a real library."

Well that's all it took to get Jana's ideas humming:
"I can just hear them now: 'Would someone get that Book off the shelf?'"
"Don't trip over the Book."
"Where did that Book go?"
To which Chanel chimed in,
"Book had kittens.  She named them Chapters."
To which Jana responded,
"Now where did that Book put her Chapters?"
When Jana and Chanel get going it's like watching a world class ping pong match.  Ah, humor.  Certainly a loving and necessary thing, especially in a marriage.

Photo credit – Sydney, Australia, photographer Daniel Boud
____________________

IF YOU WOULD, PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO COMMENT ON ONE OF THE LOVING THINGS, SMALL OR GRAND, THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED FROM SOMEONE IMPORTANT TO YOU.

4 comments:

  1. Oh yeah. . . My favorite kind of humor----word plays. Love it.

    Would Uncle Richard want to borrow the book? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LD, you sure read that fast. I hadn't even finished prrrrroofing my post or adding the photo before you commented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uncle kevin! These blogs make me so happy.

    I had the coolest loving thing moment last weekend. Scott, guy I'm dating, walked me to my door. I live on quite a busy street here. As be gave me a quick kiss goodnight, someone had slowed down long enough to shout "Keep the love alive! It's beautiful!" Scott and I were both a little surprised by the positive heckler. He sent me a message later that read "that lady was right. What we have is beautiful. I'm a very lucky man."
    And I thought THAT was a very loving thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nanetter, What a great story. You got two loving things for the price of one in your experience: one from a total stranger and one from a good friend.

    Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment to comment on the loving expressions, small or grand, that you have received.