Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Twofers are Twice as Good

Chanel, the older of my two daughters, lives about 20 miles away from us.  She lives in a cute little one bedroom apartment that is cozy and decorated to match her sense of creativity and flair.  Periodically she will invite Jana over for a slumber party and they'll stay up late and gab and watch movies and sleep in late and have a wonderful time.  They both really look forward to these mother-daughter slumber parties.

But recently she invited me to come over for a daddy-daughter slumber party.

Chanel is a wonderful hostess and always has fun things planned and great ideas to make any occasion a special occasion.

As I was getting ready to leave the house for my overnight adventure with Chanel, Jana said, "Oh, you're going to have such a good time.  I'm glad you can go and spend the night and have fun with Chanel."  No hint of jealousy.  No guilt trips for leaving her home alone while we were going to play.  Just an "I love you" and "you're going to have such a good time."  Now that's a selfless thing.  That's truly a giving thing.  That's a loving thing.  

And, yes, Chanel and I did stay up late and watch movies and play all day the next day.  And that was a loving thing given to me by my daughter.  WOW!  Two loving things wrapped up in the same adventure.  I love twofers.
____________________

IF YOU WOULD, PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO COMMENT ON ONE OF THE LOVING THINGS, SMALL OR GRAND, THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED FROM SOMEONE IMPORTANT TO YOU.

2 comments:

  1. It takes an awesome guy to so enjoy the heart connections of a girlie night - - - -and you have that ability! I'm glad we're family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, LOVE that you have that kind of connection with your kids/daughter. I hope and pray that I am the kind of person that my girls will WANT to spend quality, fun time with!

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment to comment on the loving expressions, small or grand, that you have received.