Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Write This Down

About 2 years ago I discovered the G2 gel ink pen.  It has a nice smooth flow of rich ink and I love writing with them.  I own 6 of them, although I only know the whereabouts of about 2 at any given point in time.  They seem to migrate around the house but eventually they seem to come back.

They do have one weakness, however.  The little clip that holds the pen in your pocket has a tendency to break off.  I'm not sure why.  I'm certain it's NOT because my daughter absent-mindedly bends them back and forth when she borrows them.

I took a couple of these pens with me when Jana and I went on our anniversary weekend a month ago.  We always take books and journals with us.  It's part of our therapy.  Our host couple was so interesting that Jana must have filled an entire journal about them.

One morning on our weekend we were upstairs in the family room, me reading and Jana writing in her journal.

"Oh, no."

"What's wrong?"

"I just ran out of ink and this is too interesting to stop.  Do you have another pen?"

"Of course I do." Whereupon I gave her the one in my pocket.

Before our anniversary weekend was over (5 days and 4 nights near Clayton, Idaho, along the Salmon River, halfway between Stanley and Challis – just two miles from the middle of nowhere) she managed to drain that pen as well and I gave her my other one, which she also depleted.

The other day Jana came home from a quick grocery shopping trip.  As she opened her Walmart bags she said, "I bought you a present because I love you."

She then pulled out a package of G2 gel ink replacement cartridges and handed them to me.

"Since I used up your ink writing in my journal I wanted to replace it and tell you I love you for letting me run your pens out of ink."

What fun.  Two presents in one: a package of ink replacement cartridges AND an "I love you".  As much as I love my G2 gel ink pens, "I love yous" trump any kind of present any day.  "I love yous" are great loving things.  I just never get tired of hearing them.  I'll let Jana run my G2 gel ink pens out of ink any day in exchange for an "I love you".

____________________

IF YOU WOULD, PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO COMMENT ON ONE OF THE LOVING THINGS, SMALL OR GRAND, THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED FROM SOMEONE IMPORTANT TO YOU.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is very sweet, from a women who loves a good pen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Jana does love a good pen. Her most exciting days of the year are when she gets to start a new, fresh, clean, unmarked journal.

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment to comment on the loving expressions, small or grand, that you have received.