Wednesday, December 23, 2009

An Unexpected Lunch Date

Today has been a wonderful day.  It's my birthday and I've celebrated it with a tradition I began when I was 15: I treated myself to go out to breakfast at IHOP (International House of Pancakes).  One of the young men in my ward met me there and we had a wonderful time.

But an even greater joy was a phone call I received at about 12:10 pm.  I hadn't seen Jana up to then as I had gone to the early morning session in the temple.

"I wanted to wish you a happy birthday.  So 'Happy Birthday'."

"Well, thank you."

"Would you like to come and have lunch with me?"

"Of course I would.  I'll be there in a few minutes."

So we had lunch together.  I brought some veggies and Jana had her sack lunch and we ate in the hospital cafeteria.  It was fun just to talk with her in the middle of the day.  It was truly a loving thing for her to think of inviting me to join her for lunch.  I love unexpected time with her.  It's like a gift.

I even got to go back to the IHOP this evening for dinner so I could have my birthday breakfast with my family.  Too breakfasts in the same day.  Cool!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't this also Joseph Smith's birthday? Good guy to share a birthday with.
    Happy Birthday Kevin!

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment to comment on the loving expressions, small or grand, that you have received.